A place where your comments to the Star Tribune are unedited and we open up comments to all the articles you want, not just the select stories of the Star Tribune editors.
This sentence is a travesty. I do not condone what Biber did, but this sentence is longer than most "stranger rapes"....Hide in a bush and commit a rape, you will get less time. 18 Years is ridiculous, especially if he is amenable to probation. He got "fucked in the ass" (pun intended) because he was a lawyer and all parties involved (judge, prosecutor) were afraid to do the right thing because it was politically incorrect. And why, oh why, would he hire Rachel Goldberger? Maybe the sentence is what he paid for when he hired such an incompetent attorney. He should have gone to trial and took the risk...it sounds like not much worse would have happened after a trial. Let the county work for their conviction!
As much as I feel for the victim and his family, I feel awful for Mr. Biber. He did not deserve such a harsh sentence.
Biber's attorney, Rachael Goldberger, declares on her website "Because feeling guilty is enough punishment." Really Racheal? A 15 year old boy is raped by this dirtbag, and you wanted probation for your client? I hope your practice suffers as a result of your amazing insensitivity. And I see that Anonymous, who posted earlier that the sentence was 'too harsh', is not even a fan of yours; He's likely a little nervous that his own behavior will get him a similar sentence, and he's disappointed that he has to look elsewhere for his impending defense.
This sentence is a travesty. I do not condone what Biber did, but this sentence is longer than most "stranger rapes"....Hide in a bush and commit a rape, you will get less time. 18 Years is ridiculous, especially if he is amenable to probation. He got "fucked in the ass" (pun intended) because he was a lawyer and all parties involved (judge, prosecutor) were afraid to do the right thing because it was politically incorrect. And why, oh why, would he hire Rachel Goldberger? Maybe the sentence is what he paid for when he hired such an incompetent attorney. He should have gone to trial and took the risk...it sounds like not much worse would have happened after a trial. Let the county work for their conviction!
ReplyDeleteAs much as I feel for the victim and his family, I feel awful for Mr. Biber. He did not deserve such a harsh sentence.
I think you may be looking at it the wrong way. Sure it may be longer than most stranger rapes,but they be be because those sentences are too short.
ReplyDeleteBiber's attorney, Rachael Goldberger, declares on her website "Because feeling guilty is enough punishment." Really Racheal? A 15 year old boy is raped by this dirtbag, and you wanted probation for your client? I hope your practice suffers as a result of your amazing insensitivity. And I see that Anonymous, who posted earlier that the sentence was 'too harsh', is not even a fan of yours; He's likely a little nervous that his own behavior will get him a similar sentence, and he's disappointed that he has to look elsewhere for his impending defense.
ReplyDelete