A place where your comments to the Star Tribune are unedited and we open up comments to all the articles you want, not just the select stories of the Star Tribune editors.
I just browsed the democracy.org site. Wow, what a bunch of ready-made victims. If I were a criminal I would make a beeline for that neighborhood. If I did happen to get caught by their "peace patrol", no worries, they would just consider me a scared, hurt child, and I wouldnt be held responsible for any crimes I commit.
Seriously, read the site for a laugh. They sound like a bunch of bored housewives planning a birthday party instead of a group meeting to deal with a serious crime that occured in their neighborhood. Plenty of talk about singalongs, puppet shows, meditation, yoga. No talk about getting rid of the scum that sexually assaulted their neighbor in front of her kids. Reminds me of a bunch of baby birds happily playing while the snakes quietly creep towards them.
Why is the star tribune not taking comments on this story? Seems like a big headline but we can't comment? Because the perps are kids? Because it was a sexual assault?
This site would probably get used a lot if the admin would FIX IT! Why do all the headlines to the left show 0 comments, even though there are comments?
Dac, Maybe as the administrator, it shows you the number of comments, but it shows us zero on every article. I just happened to notice this thread on the far right of the page.
re. the Powderhorn story. Yeah, there's a high fruits 'n' nuts factor in this neighborhood (I live in Powderhorn). But the serious crime is usually very specific and confined to a couple of areas. I've felt safe here, with my family , for the past 15 years. This assault is unnerving because it's so random and so violent, which is highly unusual. Other than a couple families in the 3600 block of Oakland and a couple more on the 3400 block of Chicago, it's all working people around here; lower-income maybe, but hardworking and non-violent.
I just browsed the democracy.org site. Wow, what a bunch of ready-made victims. If I were a criminal I would make a beeline for that neighborhood. If I did happen to get caught by their "peace patrol", no worries, they would just consider me a scared, hurt child, and I wouldnt be held responsible for any crimes I commit.
ReplyDeletenot a peep about the perp
ReplyDeleteSeriously, read the site for a laugh. They sound like a bunch of bored housewives planning a birthday party instead of a group meeting to deal with a serious crime that occured in their neighborhood. Plenty of talk about singalongs, puppet shows, meditation, yoga. No talk about getting rid of the scum that sexually assaulted their neighbor in front of her kids. Reminds me of a bunch of baby birds happily playing while the snakes quietly creep towards them.
ReplyDeleteWhy is the star tribune not taking comments on this story? Seems like a big headline but we can't comment? Because the perps are kids? Because it was a sexual assault?
ReplyDeleteThe strib takes comments only on stories that have absolutley no chance of offending anyone other than white men.
ReplyDeleteThis site would probably get used a lot if the admin would FIX IT! Why do all the headlines to the left show 0 comments, even though there are comments?
ReplyDeleteEvery araticle that shows comments has the correct number, I just check the whole site.
ReplyDeleteMacarr Tyree Hill charged in Powderhorn Park assaults
ReplyDeleteDac, Maybe as the administrator, it shows you the number of comments, but it shows us zero on every article. I just happened to notice this thread on the far right of the page.
ReplyDeleteI just looked on another computer, not logged in, and I see the comments. the last one is in an article from Nov 30, 10 comments.
ReplyDeleteCheeky's correct. I only found this because of the panel on the right side. On each story the comment count shows me zero.
ReplyDeletere. the Powderhorn story. Yeah, there's a high fruits 'n' nuts factor in this neighborhood (I live in Powderhorn). But the serious crime is usually very specific and confined to a couple of areas. I've felt safe here, with my family , for the past 15 years. This assault is unnerving because it's so random and so violent, which is highly unusual. Other than a couple families in the 3600 block of Oakland and a couple more on the 3400 block of Chicago, it's all working people around here; lower-income maybe, but hardworking and non-violent.
ReplyDeleteswmnguy,
ReplyDeleteNice to hear from a 'normal' Powderhorn Park resident. I was getting the impression that it was some sort of hippie commune.